Saturday, February 23, 2008

Notice of change of address by non-citizens in the United States – Form AR-11

Did you know that US Immigration law requires that all foreign nationals resident in the United States should complete and file Form AR-11 (Alien Change of address) with the Department of Homeland Security, within 10 days of changing their residential address?

This requirement includes both temporary residents like student visa holders and permanent residents. You can file the hard copy form by downloading it from or simply file the form online. Remember - if you are an alien, and it has been more than 10 days since you changed your residential address and have not yet filed form AR-11, you are probably in breach of one of your residence conditions. Watch out, as goes the saying, ignorance of the law is no valid defense.


promotionaltools said...

Guidelines to get guranteed traffic or visitors to you web page or blogs through some of the simple steps and guidance that is also free of cost, no dollar is required

Samuel Beckett said...

A Legal alien with a green card can live in the unites States for many years, working and living his life as normally as possible. Of course, there are certain limitations. As an Alien you will not be able to vote or run for public office. However, all the laws of the Unites States will be applicable to you. You will have to pay taxes, you will have to abide by the laws and regulations that the federal governments will impose upon you.Green Card Lottery is best way to get green card to USA.

USCIS Passports Visa said...

Thank you for your great post. This blog is great.